2014年6月13日金曜日

About me.

Hello, this is Alisa!!!
Before I start answering questions, I would like to talk a little about myself.
I am Alisa, and currently am studying at an private university in Tokyo.
I live with my cat Sophie, who is a Russian Blue that I adopted :)

I, myself grew up and went to an International School in Tokyo until 6th grade, then went to the states and attended middle and high school in Colorado until 2008. After that, I attended an private high school in Kyoto, and after graduation, attended an private university in Kyoto, but dropped out after an year.
I got back in to uni last year, and am currently in my sophomore year.
My father is English, and my mother is Japanese which makes me an mix, and due to the fact that I look more foreign than Japanese, I get a lot of compliments on my Japanese such as "Wow, your Japanese is so good!" which annoys me at times because I grew up in Japan, and people shouldn't just assume that I'm completely foreign!
Anyways, I like to do horseback riding for fun, and have been riding since I was 6 years old.

Anyways, that was a little something about myself!!


Alisa

4 件のコメント:

  1. I was very pleased to know more about you and your complicated and fascinating background. Until now, few students have shared personal things on their blog, so I'm especially glad to see your posting. It humanizes your blog and, hopefully, it will make more people feel eager to respond to your survey.

    It does sound annoying to have your Japanese complimented. The difficult thing is that people who do it believe they are being kind and generous. It's hard for them to imagine that what they're doing is insensitive. Foreigners in Japan are told, even after they've lived here for 30 years, that they're good at using chop sticks, which gives them a somewhat similar feeling. It usually leaves me speechless or I drop my chop sticks on purpose to embarrass them. People who are Japanese on both their mother's side and father's side may have their Japanese complimented too, if they marry a foreigner and use their spouse's name. My wife plays with people by telling them she is a Brazilian Japanese and that's why her name is Dias. She gets many "Naruhodos."

    返信削除
  2. You might want to check out a New York Times article that reports on what college majors are best in a recession. It seems that for some majors (like finance) there's potential for greater starting salaries in a recession, but for others (like philosophy and religion) there are even worse conditions that in normal times. It's an interesting article. You can access it at:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/21/upshot/a-college-major-matters-even-more-in-a-recession.html?_r=0

    返信削除
  3. I forgot to say how impressed I was with Sophie's keen fashion sense.
    Cheers,
    joseph

    返信削除